- (Christmas play) A Nativity play or Christmas pageant is a play which recounts the story of the Nativity of Jesus. It is usually performed at Christmas, the feast of the Nativity.
- A building used for public Christian worship
- The hierarchy of clergy of such an organization, esp. the Roman Catholic Church or the Church of England
- one of the groups of Christians who have their own beliefs and forms of worship
- a place for public (especially Christian) worship; “the church was empty”
- A particular Christian organization, typically one with its own clergy, buildings, and distinctive doctrines
- perform a special church rite or service for; “church a woman after childbirth”
- Not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
- loose: without restraint; “cows in India are running loose”
- able to act at will; not hampered; not under compulsion or restraint; “free enterprise”; “a free port”; “a free country”; “I have an hour free”; “free will”; “free of racism”; “feel free to stay as long as you wish”; “a free choice”
- grant freedom to; free from confinement
- (of a state or its citizens or institutions) Subject neither to foreign domination nor to despotic government
- Not or no longer confined or imprisoned
free christmas plays for church – Go, Tell
CHRISTMAS IN HELMAND: A SELECTION OF IMAGES
Servicemen and women serving in Afghanistan have been enjoying the festivities of Christmas Day, with a traditional dinner and lots of seasonal fun.
The MOD has sent over six tonnes of festive food to Afghanistan to give our forces a taste of Christmas while on operations, including:
Two tonnes of turkey;
One and a half tonnes of gammon;
One and a half tonnes of sprouts;
200 Kilos of cranberry sauce;
1000 iced Christmas cakes;
A tonne of Christmas pudding;
15,000 mince pies; and
45,000 After Eight mints.
Charity ÔUK4UThanks!Õ became SantaÕs little helper as they provided 22,500 Christmas boxes to troops all over the world – containing a host of goodies bought with money donated from members of the public. The presents were unwrapped by troops serving in Afghanistan on Christmas Day.
While work continued for many of the troops, most had the chance to let their hair down a little with fun and games, sports competitions, and quizzes. Church services were also held by the team of Padres to ensure the true spirit of Christmas was not forgotten. And everyone received an extra 30 minutes free time on their welfare phone card to ensure they could wish their family and friends a merry Christmas.
Graphic Design – Red Lion Evangelical Free Church – ONE (christmas play)
free christmas plays for church
None of the Herdmans has ever heard the Christmas story before. Their interpretation of the tale — the Wise Men are a bunch of dirty spies and Herod needs a good beating — has a lot of people up in arms. But it will make this year’s pageant the most unusual anyone has seen and, just possibly, the best one ever.